Statistics show that video posts can be over 100% more effective
At iPC, it's a general part of our mission: to determine the many ways in which our clients can acquire more attention and interest from customers, donors, and/or clients, in their products, services, missions, and messages. Daily, the general viewing public is inundated with advertising and information, and especially during their social media experience. The result is an evolved ability to tune out information, creating barriers to the advertising our clients want their prospects to see.
iPC has a vigilant focus on determining ways to break through these information barriers—
- Through data analytics presented on the internet
- Through in-house statistical analysis of our own created advertising
First, regarding our own advertising, We use a distinctive plan-do-check-act process (PDCA) in the advertising campaigns we create for our clients, and through this methodology, namely the "check" part, we have made some discoveries. Our most valuable discovery has been that we have found that our paid promotions using video have a significantly higher CTR than ones using a single image. We weren't surprised, and our readers probably aren't surprised either, but that does beg the question, "Why aren't more businesses using video in their social media campaigns?" Short answer: it can be costly.
Second, regarding our internet research. Because we found that our videos had a higher click through rate than our client's image posts, we set out to find the statistics to verify our findings. Here are a few of the key statistics (some of our sources are listed below)
- Posting a video can increase your reach on average by 135% over posting a photo or still image.
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers
- 51.9 percent of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
- Retailers cite 40 percent increases in purchases as a result of video
- In an eye-mapping study of search engine results pages (SERPs), video results commanded more attention than other listings
- 64 percent of people in the US own a smartphone
- Mobile shoppers are 3 times as likely to view a video than desktop shoppers
- 57 percent of smartphone owners watch product video in stores
The statistics demonstrate a simplicity which is easy to understand. First is the technical part. Our eyes are attractive to moving things. Scrolling through our newsfeeds, we see text and still images. When we arrive at a moving image, or changing images through the edits in the motion picture stream, we stop to take a look.
Second is the content part. Our minds connect with stories, and while it is not impossible to tell a story in a single image (something iPC loves to do for our clients), it is far easier to share a story with audio and visual, that is, a video.
We encourage you to reach out to iPC. We specialize in sharing the stories your customers need to hear through video and have developed the infrastructure and process to keep your video production and campaigns budget-friendly. And if you are keen on DIY, we would be happy to meet with you to share some tips on how to do it right. Just let us know that you are interested in meeting and we can send you a link to set up a meeting.